time for new batteries

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums Boat Maintenance and Mods time for new batteries

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Myra
    Blocked

Its time to change out the batteries. been doing lots of reading on the subject but I am really looking for advice from ppl here, and what they have done. the last owner did some funky rewiring so have my job cut out for me to get it all back to stock. thanks

Rick & Sue
      Participant

Hi Dane, welcome to the club. You need to explain what you need your batteries for. Obviously to start the engine but what else?

Myra
        Blocked

the boat is mostly stock at this moment save for the basic necessities. car stereo, chart plotter. radio. no fancy lighting yet. 50hp Honda. I’m thinking of going with 2 deep cell batteries. the Honda does not draw much on start up and matching batteries are easier for charging. not sure the size or make I should go with though?

Myra
          Blocked

I’m also thinking of getting a combiner to keep the batteries charged any advice?

Alan & Belinda
            Participant

When I redo mine I think I will go with a single bank of 2 6v golf cart batteries. Really don’t need a dedicated starting bank. Carry a small booster pack just in case

Myra
              Blocked

interesting Cenote I have not heard of that idea yet what are the advantages?

Alan & Belinda
                Participant

Check out macgregorsailors.com Many threads on the topic

Anonymous

We have a Yandina Combiner, two golf cart batteries for the house bank and a dedicated starting battery on Windspiration (also carry a jump start pack usually) and it has been great. Even with the fridge running we can go for about 3 days before the house bank gets to 50% which is the lowest you should take it.

Myra
                    Blocked

thanks Windspiration. I’m hoping to be at the dinner on Friday so maybe I can ask you more about it then.
                      Dane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.