Impulse’s forward starboard window developed a leak. I contacted Blue Water Yachts bwyachts.com and Cheryl sent me a pdf (attached) regarding installing a window.
1. removed window screws. Remember to put the screws back into the exact hole that they came from when reinstalling.
2. Used putty knife and mini bar to left window. Gently and slowly.
3. Scraped off old adhesive sealant
4 I use isopropyl alcohol 99% and GOO Gone on window and deck seating. I used acetone on the fiberglass seating during last clean up.
5.Tape deck area to catch excess sealant. Place window on taped deck and pencil the outline of the window.
6. Utility knife used to cut out shape of window on painters tape.
7. Tape inside of window box.
8. Apply BoatLIFE Marine Silicone Rubber (black). I used BoatLIFE Life Seal (black). Both recommended for Lexan and Polycarbonate windows to fiberglass. I put down a bead and then smeared evenly with a putty knife
9. Cures in 24 hours but let it sit for a few days when possible.
Welcome to the home of the Macgregor Yacht Club of British Columbia. We are a group of present and past Macgregor Yacht and Tattoo Yacht owners. Most of our members are in British Columbia, Canada, although we do have members from other places in Canada and the USA.
We organize on and off the water activities for owners of Macgregor and Tattoo boats; regattas, cruises, flotillas and our annual all member get together ‘MacRendezvous’. Members share tips, ideas, and hard-come-by knowledge about how to maximize the joy of owning these wonderfully affordable boats.
The basic, free sections of this website is open for all to enjoy.
You can register for free to have additional access to public forum where you can communicate with the club and can be included in emails that the club sends to members and registered users related to upcoming activities.
MYCBC membership provides you with full access to all areas of the website and the ability to participate in all activities. The modest, annual membership fee is $65 for the first year (which includes a club burgie and welcome package) and $35 per year thereafter. Membership in the club is recognized at marine stores and marinas for discounts on supplies and moorage. We also have negotiated discount insurance coverage for members. The saving you can expect will pay back your membership fee manyfold.
•News about the club and its activities
•Forums to discuss Macgregor Boats and Boating in general
•Photo Galleries of boating with the Macgregor
•Private Member messaging
MYCBC supports the BC Marine Parks Forever Society