Please welcome with me our new Commodore 2010

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums General Discussion Please welcome with me our new Commodore 2010

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Please welcome with me our new Commodore
      saynomore, Sun Nov 22 2009, 11:40PM

Yesterday we elected and the post for 2 years was accepted by our new Commodore Darry Major. Darry has been very active with the club since joining and was instrumental as our Vice Commodore in putting together our Club Charter, Motto, Yearbook, and correcting our Club burgee. Certified Advanced sailing Darry has been sharing his skills and knowledge with our membership specially at our Seminars at MacRendezVous. We can only expect more fun to come from his leadership.

By his side Vice Commodore Glen Hodgkinson chearfully accepted his post to better serve our club. We know Glen and his family on the Classic Sea Shell sailing away with the awards at our regatta’s. But stay tune as Glen will bring much more to the club than winning races.

For myself, I was proud to see this years election unfold, we started at the end of 2007 with the idea to build continuity and strenght in our club. 2010 AGM proved that my officers participation fostered this bond that made our club stronger today with the roots in place that will make MacGregor owners want to be active in our Club. Today I stand on the other side of Commodore D. Major with renewed energy to work at bring more fun excitement for our Club. I will end here allowing our Commodore to introduce the Officers on his Bridge, the slogan for 2010, and the activities that we have scheduled for this new season.

On a final note please welcome with me our Commodore Darry Major.

Steven St-Amour
      Past Commodore

Re: Please welcome with me our new Commodore
      Windchime, Wed Nov 25 2009, 08:55PM

Thank you Past Commodore Steve St. Amour.

It is not only a pleasure, but a privilege to accept the role as Commodore from you … “I Have the Bridge”, and “Steering a Course of Onward and Upward”.

Although it will be difficult to “Fill Your Coconuts”, I will do my very best over the next two years to follow in your wake. I am confident taking the helm of our club, knowing we have full wind in our sails, we are on a steady course with a competent group of officers, and that we have a vibrant and enthusiastic fleet!

The MYCBC will always be in debt for the contributions that you and Admiral Cathy have made thus far. Not only for unselfishly donating so much of your valuable time, but for your creative ideas and positive leadership. We all look forward to your continued participation.

Speaking on behalf of all members now and in the future … Thank You both!

As Commodore, my “Pledge to the Club” is:

1) To continue to work together, and foster a positive enviroment:
      – that will above all else, be fun and safe.
      – where everyone not only shares their common love for sailing, boating, and the sea, but shares of themselves, and are eager to participate both on and off the water.
      – where all members have the opportunity to learn a little about their MacGregor, and share a little about their MacGregor.
      – where collectively, we all continue to raise the level of everyone’s seamanship abilities to be improved sailors, and more conscientious environmental sensitive boaters.

2) To continue to support the objectives of our Past Commodore. Growing the club and its membership, and encouraging education while having fun.

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself to our new members.

I am recently certified by the CYA as an Advanced Coastal Cruising Skipper, and hold CYA certifications in Advance Coastal Navigation and Celestial Navigation. As well as PADI Advanced Open Water Scuba Diving, the Aquatic Life Saving Society, and St. Johns Level-1 First-Aid with Marine Endorsement.

I am very passionate about having fun, being on the water, in the water and under the water, and enjoy catching and cooking the bounty of the sea. My wife Leisa shares my passion for having fun. Together or single-handed, we have spent 68 days and logged 835 miles (not including day sails) aboard our 2000-X named Windchime.

We have enjoyed every minute of attending the club meetings, and making new friends at the annual events. We are looking forward to new friendships and memories with everyone in the future.

I will be posting the schedule of events and meetings, and our plans for the 2010 season, as agreed at the AGM, on the website shortly.

Sincerely,
      Darry Major
      Commodore

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.