Nexus Users: Canadian Ports of Entry
Sea Shell, Mon Jun 28 2010, 04:13PM
Hello Fellow Nexus Users!After some digging I have found a list of ‘Ports of Entry’ for boats leaving the U.S. That might be….. say from Point Roberts or Blaine. If you are headed into the Gulf Islands then you can clear into Canada via Phone at the following Ports of Entry.
1. Miners Bay (Mayne Island) on the entry into Acitve Pass, a great starting point for a tour of the Gulf Islands???
2. Montague Harbour (Galiano Island) if your first night in the Gulfs are starting in Montague, then float over to the dock and clear in.
3. Horton Bay (South Mayne Island) for a destination on Saturna or into the Penders, this would be a great place to stop and clear in.
4. Cabbage Island (Tumbo Island area) Wow! Who would of thought that on this little island you could clear in but that is exactly what you can do!
5. Port Browning (North Pender Island) a great marina and place to stop if you are perhaps coming out of the San Juans on your way into the Gulfs.
6. Bedwell Bay (South Pender Island) it has the full customs entry port set up, but you can also use your Nexus to get in quick.
Don’t forget… Everyone on board must have Nexus to clear your boat in if you are going to use the phone in method. Also, remember the limits for purchases coming into Canada from the US. And food on board too.
If anyone has any other “Pearls of Wisdom” for transiting Canada and the U.S. please add a note to this blog. Have fun out there and stay safe and legal!
Sail safe and leave only wake!
Glen Hodgkinson…… The Vice Commodore
Welcome to the home of the Macgregor Yacht Club of British Columbia. We are a group of present and past Macgregor Yacht and Tattoo Yacht owners. Most of our members are in British Columbia, Canada, although we do have members from other places in Canada and the USA.
We organize on and off the water activities for owners of Macgregor and Tattoo boats; regattas, cruises, flotillas and our annual all member get together ‘MacRendezvous’. Members share tips, ideas, and hard-come-by knowledge about how to maximize the joy of owning these wonderfully affordable boats.
The basic, free sections of this website is open for all to enjoy.
You can register for free to have additional access to public forum where you can communicate with the club and can be included in emails that the club sends to members and registered users related to upcoming activities.
MYCBC membership provides you with full access to all areas of the website and the ability to participate in all activities. The modest, annual membership fee is $65 for the first year (which includes a club burgie and welcome package) and $35 per year thereafter. Membership in the club is recognized at marine stores and marinas for discounts on supplies and moorage. We also have negotiated discount insurance coverage for members. The saving you can expect will pay back your membership fee manyfold.
•News about the club and its activities
•Forums to discuss Macgregor Boats and Boating in general
•Photo Galleries of boating with the Macgregor
•Private Member messaging
MYCBC supports the BC Marine Parks Forever Society