Dave of SV Cats Meow has been in hospital 10+ days

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums General Discussion Dave of SV Cats Meow has been in hospital 10+ days

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear sailing family,
    I’ve been in the ICU at Soin hospital in Dayton Ohio for the past 10 days. We are still targeting our personal mast up for April 1, God willing. So my prognosis is decent to very good. I’m on a list to move to a normal room for a few days, although the ICU team is excellent at minimum, and I’d stay in this room till I got discharged if I had the money.

i have been blessed by the Almighty with what they’re saying has been a miraculous recovery, and I know that God would want me to get out on the lake as soon and as much as reasonably possible.

I missed a meeting, but we have modified galley, our double berth, solar with 3 batteries, bowsprit/anchor roller. 100% LED lighting, small stereo/speakers, a few extra port lights (opening, for ventilation), solar powered vents, 2 small dorade vents , about to convert rear non-opening portlights to half like they are now, with opening portlights. (Fiberglass work will help make it happen. I know I forgotten several things especially since my memory is not as strong as it used to be but it’s recovering.

Kelvin Dueck
    Participant

David,
      Thanks for sharing. Our thoughts are with you as you recover, and I know that everyone in the club wishes you good health, fair winds, and following seas.

Rick Thompson
      Keymaster

Hi Dave,
        Glad to hear you are on the mend and wish you all the best in your plans to get on the water soon. It is interesting to note many of your mods seem to be about cooling your boat down while many of the folks in the Pacific Northwest are looking to install diesel or propane heaters. Sailing in Ohio must be different than sailing here. April 1st is optimistic for many of us. We like to wait until the weather warms up a bit.
        Take care and sail safe.
        Rick

I would like to think all of you who kept Bekki and me in your thoughts and prayers. I am up walking around and have resumed the light duty projects on SV Cat’s Meow. We are aiming for a mast up very early April.

Looking forward to the next zoom meeting.

Best regards,
        Dave Ehlers

Bekki & Dave Ehlers
        SV Cat’s Meow
        MacGregor 25
        Ohio USA

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.