Best Anchor Roller system.

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums Boat Maintenance and Mods Best Anchor Roller system.

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The bow of the x is awfully crowed making the Anchor roller difficult to use with anything other than a very small anchor. What have you found works?
      I’m currently using a 20lb bruce that I keep on the kicker mount at the stern. I also have a 15lb danforth that I have mounted on the pulpit.

Anonymous

I have a 26S. The best I’ve come up with so far is an anchor “locker” in the v berth, accessible through the forward hatch. We never use the v berth for anything but stowage, so I took out the cushions and put down rubber matting. Then I built a simple plywood box with two chambers, one for the anchor and the other for the rode.

The main down side so far is that it puts the center of mass a little further forward than I would like. But I will soon be adding an electric start engine, and possibly moving the batter back to the lazarette, so that should help.

Anonymous

We went with a section of plastic tubing mounted to the pulpit and our Rocna Anchor slides down into it with the head of the anchor sticking up. The plastic tubing is attached with two or three hose clamps. The plastic tubing is just standard plumbing tubing that you can get at most hardware stores.

Paul Christensen
          Participant

New member. New (to me) 2006M. I purchased a 10kg Rocna to replace the Danforth that came with the boat. I did this without considering whether or not it would fit!!! I could buy and install the extended anchor roller from Bluewater Yachts….but I did not consider that the fat, flat shank of the Rocna doesn’t look like it will fit under my foresail furler. I am considering adding a couple of plates on the end of the anchor roller base that would drop the roller down an inch or two….that might give me enough clearance for the furler. I am not super keen on jury-rigging some pulpit rail mount that would put all that weight on the pulpit.

Is there anybody in the club that has a 10kg Rocna AND a foresail furler….AND has successfully figured out how to get around this problem? Is there a part available that is just “bolt-on”?

I really want to use the Rocna. I just didn’t anticipate this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Paul….S/V VALHALLA

Rick & Sue
            Participant

Hi Paul.
              I have the same anchor and it fits fine on my M. Check out Gemini mods in the Video Gallery.

Paul Christensen
              Participant

Hi! Thank you very much. I was thinking of attaching to the cleat in the same fashion. The problem is that I don’t think the shank of the anchor will fit under my roller furler! Do you have a furler? Nothing was attached in the video….

Paul

Rick & Sue
                Participant

Yes I have the stock MacGregor furler. Everything works fine.

Paul Christensen
                  Participant

Well that’s fantastic news! I’ll try it out. Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.