26X – Cabin mod – feedback wanted

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums Boat Maintenance and Mods 26X – Cabin mod – feedback wanted

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alan & Belinda
    Participant

During a discussion this summer we came to the realization that for us, the table and front seat amount to a lot of wasted space and might be better utilized for storage. I have quickly mocked up a concept and wonder what your thoughts are on it? We would still be able to use the rear table seat for the two of us if needed with a hinged table top. The upper and lower areas of the cabinet would have doors and shelving etc for storage of clothes, gear etc. Nothing would change structurally on the boat so it could easily be switched back if we end up not liking it. Interested in your feedback.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Rick & Sue
      Participant

We did something similar with our M. Built a cabinet and place to put the cooler on the seat area. Worked for us for a couple years until we bought a fridge. The cabinet was dismantled and returned to seating. Even though we still just use it for storing stuff. Lol. I found it is best to have an idea of what you will store in an area before designing it. I say go for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.