2013 bridge Officers

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums General Discussion 2013 bridge Officers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

2013 bridge Officers
      Windchime, Tue Nov 20 2012, 07:33PM

Dear Members,

Please join me in welcoming the MYCBC Bridge Officers for this coming 2013 Season!

Commodore.……………. Glen Hodgkinson
      Vice Commodore..…….. Rick Thompson
      Post Commodore.……… Darry Major
      Rear Commodore……… Peter Rodenburgh
      Past Commodore………. Steve St. Amour (active)
      Treasurer/Membership.. Ron Gillies
      Cruise Captains………… Terry Bowman & Gail Hodgson
      Regatta Captain………… Zoran Zugic
      Web Captain…………….. Rick Worthy
      Assistant Web Captain… Andy Sigrist
      Secretary………………… Shelly Hodgkinson
      Photographer…………… Elizabeth Gillies

It is with mixed emotion that I announce I have stepped down as commodore of the MYCBC. It has been my privilege and pleasure to serve as this great clubs commodore over the past three years, especially after the clubs 20th Season where we hit some milestones with over 60 boats in the club and recent record attendance at events.

I love this club! as we all do. It has been absolutely wonderful to work alongside such a dedicated team of people that every year volunteer so much of their valuable time so that we all can enjoy the fruits of their labour. But the true joy for me has been being on the water with you all at our Cruises and spending time at Club Nights and our other land events, watching the excitement in new members on their boats, and the pride of seasoned members sharing their knowledge and experience … everyone enjoying together of all the things the MacGregor lifestyle has to offer!

Change brings new beginnings, and new beginnings always brings fresh exciting ideas. The club is alive and well, and the new bridge will continue to plan, organize, and execute the official annual schedule that everyone obviously supports and enjoys so much every year. The bridge will also take us into an even brighter future under the leadership of our new Commodore Glen and Vice Commodore Rick, along with continued support from myself as Post Commodore and Steve as an active Past Commodore.

Thank you members, officers, and especially my wonderful wife Leisa, for allowing me to be your commodore.

New Officers Positions created at the 2012 AGM

Post Commodore:
      This new role was created to provide mentorship and additional support for the new Commodore and Vice Commodore.
      This position is assumed by the most recent outgoing Commodore.
      * Additional support and mentorship is also provided from any (active) Past Commodores.

Assistant Web Captain:
      This new role will assist the Web Captain in maintaining and upgrading our website as the clubs main communication tool.

Thanks to:
      – Glen, Rick, and Andy for accepting and embracing their new roles in the club!
      – All our 2012 Officers who volunteered to retain their positions into the 2013 season!

We are all looking forward to the 2013 Sailing Season!

Darry Major
      Post Commodore
      “Sail Safe, and Leave Only Wake”
      https://www.mycbc.ca

Re: 2013 bridge Officers
      Ohana, Thu Nov 22 2012, 05:15PM

A BIG congratulations to Glen and Rick!!! We look forward to your leadership. A big thank you to Darry for all that you have done for our club; and also a big thank you to those who have once again volunteered your time, effort and expertise to keep this club going strong. Looking forward to the 2013 season!!
      Ohana Gang

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.