7:28pm 1.6 ft

Marina contact info for Reservations Blaine Harbor Marina
      235 Marine Drive
      Blaine
      WA 98231, Washington
      Phone: (360) 647-6176

blaineharbor@portofbellingham.com

Location via land

Launch Ramp Blaine Harbor Marina located 2 minutes from Peace Arch crossing.

Proceed through Peace Arch crossing and drive into Blaine. Turn west on Marine Drive (West Marine Store on corner). Cross railroad tracks, stay on Marine Drive and you will arrive at Blaine Harbor Marina. The Harbor Office is in the Blaine Boating Center.

The launch ramp is at the far east end of the marina. It will be the first left hand turn off Marine after crossing the railroad tracks and passing the first building. There is a large parking area for setup and cost is $10. for launch & parking. Be sure to check tides as there is not alot of time between tides for launching.

Weather site
      http://www.theweathernetwork.com/marine/WWMA001132

Re: 2009 Blaine Regatta – -May 1,2,3
      Kermie, Fri Apr 03 2009, 09:16PM

NAVIGATION AID

Blaine Race will be in Semiahmoo Bay, outside Drayton Harbor. Blaine Harbor Marina is closest to Blaine, brown shaded area. (click on chart to enlarge)

Kermie, Sat Apr 04 2009, 09:01AM

Potluck Dinner -Saturday evening

There will be a potluck dinner on Saturday evening in the Boating Center social room. Bring your favourite dish!

Kermie, Sat Apr 04 2009, 09:10AM

Reservations – Blaine Harbor Marina

Reminder – make a reservation for your boat at Blaine Harbor Marina visitor’s dock and let staff know you are joining Macgregor Regatta:

Blaine Harbor Marina
      235 Marine Drive
      Blaine
      WA 98231, Washington
      Phone: (360) 647-6176

blaineharbor@portofbellingham.com

Liverpool Lou II, Sat Apr 04 2009, 09:30PM

And please do not be afraid of word race used for this event. Look at this as an opportunity to sharpen your skills and learn more about the art of sailing. This is a frendly event and time to enjoy sailing, relaxeed moments at the marina and good food at the dinner.

saynomore, Sun Apr 19 2009, 07:38AM

To all members attending the regatta,

Please let me know by email so we can have a count of who will be attending

Members fee’s are $25, Non members $35

Their is an inquiry by Burrard YC member who would like to help someone during the regatta and get a feel for a Mac as he is a potential new customer and member.

Don’t for get to book your berth.

Steve
      Commodore, MYCBC

Windchime, Mon Apr 20 2009, 10:21AM

Windchime will be at the Blaine Regatta!

Leisa can not make it until Saturday night, but I plan to sail down by myself after work on Friday night, so I can take part in the Saturday Regatta Race. Leisa will drive down after work Saturday night.

Dear Zoran … I am going to put a “smiley-face decal” on our transom, so you can watch it all day while we race

Darry and Leisa

Kermie, Mon Apr 20 2009, 12:01PM

Gail & I have been going to the event for the last five years! Only on two of those ocasions have we had our boat. Circumstances are not always conducive to having our boat with us and this year we will be boatless again but we will be there for Saturday night Pot Luck. You don’t need a boat to come for dinner so come on down and join us for the Pot Luck dinner and watch the race from shore.

I am available to crew with anyone who wants a crew to assist them. Actually I am hoping to get on someones boat for the race.

Mystic Rose, Tue Apr 21 2009, 08:13PM

Linda and I will be there Friday afternoon, If anyone needs help to set up or something else south of the border give me a call. 360-224-5629.

Gerry Mitchell
      Mystic Rose

NautiMoments, Wed Apr 22 2009, 09:37AM

Ken and I cannot attend this year as we have another committment…have fun!!

Sea Shell, Thu Apr 23 2009, 06:16AM

Sea Shell and her crew will be attending the festivities! A Crew of 5, all prepared and practiced for the big Regatta. We are looking forward to all the festivities. friendship, and fun! See you all on the 1st.
      Glen, Shelley, Brent, Sean, and Laine Hodgkinson

Coastal Drifter, Fri Apr 24 2009, 08:24AM

Elizabeth and I will be there for the pot luck on Saturday evening. Will probably come down earlier on Saturday. Unfortunately the boat isn’t ready for the water yet!

Steve, is each boat to bring a “boat prize” for the evening event again this year?

Ron and Elizabeth
      Coastal Drifter

Coastal Drifter, Fri Apr 24 2009, 04:50PM

If anyone wants to pay the club fee for Blaine using a credit card, feel free to pay through PayPal. The link to PayPal is in the “News Archive” near the bottom of the home page under “MYCBC members annual dues due”. If you are paying this way, please do so no later than Friday, May 1st, otherwise I will collect cash or cheque at the dinner on Saturday night.

See you there, Ron

Mover, Sat Apr 25 2009, 10:22AM

Lydia and I will be attending.
      We will leave the Island, on Friday, at 0600 in order to take advantage of the flood currents.
      If anyone is following our route (Sydney to Blaine), be sure to avoid East Point (Saturna) between the hours of 1000 to 1600. (unless you like 5 knots of current in the wrong direction!
      We should be at the dock between noon and 1300.

I’m proposing that VHF channel 71 be the Working Channel during the Regatta and that all boats monitor this channel.
      If you need help at the launch ramp or assistance into the harbor, try 71 first.
      I will have my phone with me 250 360-7640.
      We also will be monitoring GMRS/FRS Channel 15 with CTCSS 30.
      Peter

saynomore, Sat Apr 25 2009, 10:00PM

Quicky updates:

1. their will be no gift exchanges at this event.
      2. bring your passports.
      3. book your birth.
      4. post your attendance with or without boat so that we may achieve a boat/head count.
      5. Support Haggens store for groceries for the potluck
      6. meet you in the parking if you need help, we will monitor Ch 71, and my cell is 778-389-0620
      7. Those observing the tide table arriving late friday will be looking for water to launch your boat.
      8. Also start thinking about the May long weekend we will discuss this trip at the Regatta
      9. We have been invited to take part in the sailpass with IYC on Saturday.
      10. All new members this is a good time to be among us to learn more about your boat and sailing skills… so please join us!!!

Steve
      Commodore, MYCBC

, Tue Apr 28 2009, 11:13AM

Hi All. Katerina will be attending the Blaine Regatta. Joe and Terry will sail from Point Roberts on Sat am , we will ovenight and return Sunday . The admirals will be inspecting the boats via motorcade. Im looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some sun. Thanks for organizing this . Joe Arena

, Tue Apr 28 2009, 11:30AM

Hi All. Katerina will be attending the Blaine Regatta. Joe and Terry will sail from Point Roberts on Sat am , we will ovenight and return Sunday . The admirals will be inspecting the boats via motorcade. Im looking forward to seeing everyone and getting some sun. Thanks for organizing this . Joe Arena

Mover, Wed Apr 29 2009, 01:02AM

SIDE TRIP TO BELLINGHAM
      This is the deal. Blaine has no car rental. The closest is Lynden.
      Enterprise will pick us up from the marina and go to Lynden (20 minutes)
      The chatbox, so far shows 2 boats: Mystic Rose and Saynomore.
      For Jerry: is Linda coming?
      For Steve: how many in your party.
      If necessary we can get a minivan.
      Anyone else that may see this post: There’s free IPA if you have a car, that can transport us to Bellingham. (only 22 miles) We’ll even supply the DD to get you back.
      There’s only a few days left until the Regatta, so we need to move quickly.
      Please post your intentions ASAP.
      Peter

Seaworthy, Wed Apr 29 2009, 01:55PM

Rick and Kathy Worthy will be down Sat. AM sans boat (not ready as usual). If anyone needs able and experienced crew, we will be available otherwise we’ll go shopping until the pot luck.
      Rick
      Seaworthy

wander’n star, Wed Apr 29 2009, 05:20PM

I will be down sometime Friday afternoon.After I sleeep a few hours after my gaveyard shift.
      I don’t know if, I will stay for the potluck( working the next day).

The wife and children are in china…… sooo I could use some crew.

Mark

Coastal Drifter, Wed Apr 29 2009, 05:37PM

Mark, Elizabeth and I aren’t taking the boat. We are just going down on Saturday for the day and would be happy to crew for you. Does that work for you?

Steve, what time is everyone planning on heading out on Saturday to sail? We would want to make sure that we were there in time.

Ron

Liverpool Lou II, Thu Apr 30 2009, 09:05AM

HI,

We are not sure when the race will actually start, it all depends on the weather conditions. If we have chance to do it early and beat the rain we will. It can start at any time after 10:00 am and should not be later than 12:00.

Zoran

Windchime, Thu Apr 30 2009, 04:40PM

Dear all,
      A reminder to submit any last minute artwork entries and ideas for both contests. We will vote our choices at the potluck dinner Saturday night at the Blaine Regatta this weekend.
      Please Email to me by Friday at 5:00pm or bring a copy to Blaine for the potluck
      Contest #1 – new “Club logo” (picture on burgee with fractionally rigged sails, instead of current mast-head rig)
      Contest #2 – new ‘Swag logo” (This swag logo we will out put on; T-shits, jackets, hats, etc.
      Darry

wander’n star, Thu Apr 30 2009, 05:34PM

sound good…
      see you on Saturday.
      Mark

Liverpool Lou II, Thu Apr 30 2009, 08:50PM

anybody sailing there from Vancouver, I will be. Decided not to tow so I am starting sometimes tomorrow morning, not sure about the time, get to the boat, fill gas tanks, last minute shopping in marine store and than to Blaine.

Zoran

Windchime, Mon May 04 2009, 10:50AM

Leisa and I would like to say “Thank-You” to everyone for such a great time at the Blaine Regatta! We really enjoyed seeing everyone having so much fun together.

I saw Grey Whales in Boundary Bay on the way home. I stopped the boat, turned off the engine and floated amongst them. It was so quiet and I was so close, I could hear them inhaling after they spouted. Very exciting!!

Darry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.