Reply To: Honda Element: I think I can… I think I can…

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums Boat Maintenance and Mods Honda Element: I think I can… I think I can… Reply To: Honda Element: I think I can… I think I can…

Anonymous

Nice Work.

I would echo the truck from a friend concept, we ended up purchasing a new vehicle when we bought ours. the rating for our Saturn Vue was 3500lbs but that is the max, and you are only meant to tow 80% of the max tow weight. You certainly can tow up to the max, but it is a massive trade off in safety, braking and fuel economy. Sure the boat says 2500lbs and the trailer 1000lbs, what is not taken into consideration is what is all aboard, gas, gear, etc.

I have a great story about the previous owner of our boat and determining the weight of the boat if you ever want to hear it.

We ended up with a VW Touareg TDI, and EXTREMELY happy with it. With 406 ft/lbs of torque you can hardly feel the boat on execration.

One thing I would add, that as trailer sailors and towing a boat, it is as much our responsibility to ensure our own safety, as well as that of the general public we are driving with and around. If our cars and tow are unsafe, we put the lives of not only ourselves, but others at risk.

Looks good though, I have our kitchen ripped out in hopes to make use and fix the terrible attempt at a kitchen Mac made. As well as Stereo, speakers, battery charger, and hopefully overall storage, oh and probably relocation pumping and water pumps

Comments are closed.