Reply To: Radio and antenna locations?

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums Boat Maintenance and Mods Radio and antenna locations? Reply To: Radio and antenna locations?

Ron Gillies
Keymaster

Hi Tedd. When we had our 26S I had the radio mounted in the overhead above the galley sink. I then had a remote mic mounted in the cockpit beside where I sat so that I could hear and make calls. The antenna was at the top of the mast. There was some coaxial cable that came out the side of the mast at the bottom that attached to a connector on the deck. It was quick to attach and unattach when putting the mast up and down. I tried running the coax down the mast with it laying on the boat in its usual “down” position but it wouldn’t go through. I had to detach the mast and lean in against the house and go up on the roof and push it down. Attached (if it works) are a couple of photos. One shows the radio above the sink. The other shows the connection for the remote mic aft of the shifter for the motor and the clip where it “sat” to the front of the shifter. The cable ran under the shifter.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Comments are closed.