Reply To: Looking for help: Boat is too far back on trailer

MYCBC – Why Join Us Forums General Discussion Looking for help: Boat is too far back on trailer Reply To: Looking for help: Boat is too far back on trailer

Derek Blaszak
Participant

Thanks for that very helpful. I live in Summerland so so getting the hoist would involve about 16hrs of driving (to pickup and return it) so I’ll struggle to paint it on the trailer. I got most of it done last year on the trailer just the mid and rear supports where it’s lacking fresh paint. I’m on Okanagan lake so I don’t need it as much as on the coast but I am moored in the Summerland yacht club so it helps a lot with the algae growth over the summer. The old bottom coat was originally white and the new is black so it’s almost a cosmetic thing however in the next yr or two I plan on coming down to the coast and cruising with the club so I expect it to be valuable then.
    Where did you place supports at the stern. Exactly right at the end? I started doing this last yr and when started lowering it I was worried I would crack the hull at the stern as if you are point loading all on that small section so I abandoned it. Same thing with the bow right under the keel before it starts to rise? See my pic below of a sketch. Have I got it right or do you have the 4x4s as an X on the ground and then build it up and spreading the load on a bigger area?

Comments are closed.