Shuswap MacShwap POSTPONED TO 2022 due to Wildfires

Welcome to MYCBC Forums Member Cruises Shuswap MacShwap POSTPONED TO 2022 due to Wildfires

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #9531

    Thought I’d make it official, we’re in. Yet to name the boat but maybe Aqua Vista. Guess we’ll see how that 22 year old 2200 hour 2 stoke Nissan engine performs.

    First time in water, first time sailing it, first time motoring it, first time towing it, first ever boat launch. What could go wrong?

    #9556
    Sheldon Woloshyn
    Participant

    We live in Golden, so it is a quick drive for us to head over and join the cruise! We are new to this, but hope to have 3 weeks of experience before this cruise. We are myself Sheldon, my wife Meredith and our two children Soren (4) and Marin (2). Looking forward to meeting y’all!

    Sheldon Woloshyn
    Kootenay Osprey

    #9590
    Alan & Belinda
    Participant

    It’s probably time to do an update regarding the meetup and the ongoing wildfires. There are 3 fires of concern in the area. The 2 mile fire is at Mara Lake. It has moved up the mountain and away from populated areas. It is still considered out of control. The 97a highway between Sicamous and Swansea Pt reopened today. On the Shuswap the Hunakwa Lake fire is adjacent to Bughouse Bay. Much of the surrounding area is under evacuation order or alert. Authorities have been asking boaters etc to avoid the north ends of Seymour and Anstey arms of the Shuswap. The Crazy creek fire is in the east side of Anstey Arm.
    The smoke has definitely cleared a lot in the last 3 days and is tolerable. It was very heavy in the first part of the week with visibility maybe being 1 km.

    At this point I’m just giving everyone a heads up to stay current with developments by monitoring this forum. The event may be cancelled or have to be modified to avoid fire areas etc. Anyone that has indicated their attendance, it might be helpful to let us know if you have changed your plans based on this info.

    Alan and Belinda

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #9594

    Hi Alan, Carol & I are still in 👍

    #9598
    Darren and LornaDarren and Lorna
    Participant

    Windspiration and crew is out. We were really looking forward to it but given all the uncertainty we are going to make alternate plans.

    #9600
    Rick & SueRick & Sue
    Participant

    Gemini is still hoping to join the MacShwap. We are prepared to make a last minute go/no go decision if conditions keep improving. Got our fingers crossed

    #9601
    Doug & DonnaDoug & Donna
    Participant

    Dee Sea’s is still in. No problem with a last minute yay or nay.

    #9602
    Alan & Belinda
    Participant

    Smoke has cleared nicely. 👍🤞

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #9612
    Alan & Belinda
    Participant

    I think its time to call it and officially cancel the Macshwap Meetup for this year. With the ever evolving wildfire situation in BC, and out of respect for the locals who might be fighting for their homes and livelihoods, its just not appropriate or smart to run this event at this time. Hopefully we can do this next year.

    Very disappointed. We were looking so forward to this.
    Alan & Belinda

    (Maybe the admins could edit the title to reflect the cancellation. Thx)

    #9633

    Cassiopeia is interested for this in 2022.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.