Group price for AGM Batteries

Welcome to MYCBC Forums Buy and Sell Group price for AGM Batteries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Commodore
    Keymaster

Poco Marine has offered MYCBC Members the opportunity to Purchase Magnacharge 24DC 140 AGM Size 24 batteries at $195 + taxes and a 7% battery fee for a total of $232.05 each when a minimum of 6 batteries are ordered.
    Any member who can organize the purchase of at least 6 batteries should contact Pierre at Poco Marine, 1650 Kingsway, Port Coquitlam 604-464-8773 (www.pocomarine.com)
    If you are interested in the purchase please post here and if there are the required number an order can be placed.

Kenneth PoolKenneth Pool
    Keymaster

Please put Kensea down for Two (2). Do they refund the battery fee when it (they) are returned? I expect so.

Kenneth PoolKenneth Pool
    Keymaster

Am I the only one interested in the battery deal? :-O

Kenneth PoolKenneth Pool
    Keymaster

Looks like I’m going it alone on the batteries. 🙁

Kelvin Dueck
    Keymaster

Ken,
    If you can wait until next spring, I’ll be buying another battery for my boat. The discount kicks in at 6 batteries, so if we can find 3 more buyers we can get the discount.

I may be interested in two for a Spring purchase

Kelvin Dueck
    Keymaster

Sounds good. I suspect that come spring we’ll have one more interested party. . .

Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck
    Participant

I’m reviving this thread. I’m interested in adding another AGM battery to my boat. I’m wondering if we might be able to get a virtual “boat show” deal at the Vancouver boat show if we have a group purchase. Is anyone out there interested?

Otherwise, we can probably get the original offer from PoCo Marine.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck.
    Doug Haskins
    Participant
    Kenneth PoolKenneth Pool
    Keymaster

Note that I am interested in at least two, if not three, batteries. I missed last year’s deal some how. Please include me in this year’s efforts. Thank you.

Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck
    Participant

Doug,
    I don’t think it’s the same battery. The ones we purchased last year were AGM, not lead acid. I think the one in the link you provided is lead acid (but it’s tough to tell from the photo).

Kelvin

Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck
    Participant

Yup, you were someone that I thought of when I revived this. I’ll make sure to keep you in the loop.

Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck
    Participant

So, PoCo Marine is willing to offer a group price on Magnacharge 24DC 140 AGM Size 24 batteries at $210 plus tax. Is anyone else interested? I’m seeing them tomorrow (Monday, March 29) after work.

Kelvin

Paul Christensen
    Participant

I am looking for batteries as well, but was considering using 6v AGM instead of 12v….
    I thought that Todd from BWY said that one of the better options is to run a couple of 6v golf cart batteries….you get 245ah full, and they can be run down less than 50%, so you end up with 170 useable ah….which is a lot more than you would get using 12v batteries. I hope I got that correct.

Kelvin DueckKelvin Dueck
    Participant

I think that’s what Todd said, yes.

I should mention that this offer has passed (I bought the batteries last week), so the group purchase offer is closed.

Having said that, PoCo Marine should be one of your first places to get a quote. They give very good prices.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.