Desolation Sound 2023

Welcome to MYCBC Forums Member Cruises Desolation Sound 2023

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard SmithRichard Smith
    Participant

Hello everybody. We recently purchased our MacGregor and moved to Powell River, British Columbia. Retired and at the gateway to Desolation Sound – we can’t wait to explore next summer! If helpful, we have a couple of bedrooms going spare and and space to park two or three MacGregors in the driveway.
    We will be spending most of next summer at our cabin on Powell Lake and sailing on the lake. If you would like to join us on the lake we have space there too for three or four boats.
    We are new to MacGregors so look forward to connecting with, and learning from, other owners! If interested, contact us directly! Best, Kerry and Richard Smith

Richard RobinsonRichard Robinson
    Participant

We will definitely be doing Desolation in 2023 – hope to see you out on the water!

Richard

Bill McAvoy
    Participant

We are dying to do Desolation but we are also new to the boat and to sailing it so we may not be able to be ready by next season. But eventually for certain! I have been the a number of years ago on a larger boat and the trip was fabulous.

Bill

Participant

Hello Bill. We look forward to exploring Desolation Sound and sailing with you in the future! Richard and Kerry

Bill McAvoy
    Participant

Sounds like a very pleasant idea Richard, keep me posted anytime you have settled on a date and if can are able to join in i’m sure we will. So far have lined up an 8hp honda aux and a marine shop that will do a bracket install as well as bottom paint and chk over of both motors. That will leave us able to start as a trawler then add mast back in early spring and start the REAL learning curve 🙂

Cheers

Participant

We’re working on getting Blue Yonder in good shape too. It’s all a learning curve. Looking forward to sailing and powering her next summer. Cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.