Welcome to MYCBC › Forums › Member Cruises › Shuswap MacShwap POSTPONED TO 2022 due to Wildfires › Reply To: Shuswap MacShwap POSTPONED TO 2022 due to Wildfires
It’s probably time to do an update regarding the meetup and the ongoing wildfires. There are 3 fires of concern in the area. The 2 mile fire is at Mara Lake. It has moved up the mountain and away from populated areas. It is still considered out of control. The 97a highway between Sicamous and Swansea Pt reopened today. On the Shuswap the Hunakwa Lake fire is adjacent to Bughouse Bay. Much of the surrounding area is under evacuation order or alert. Authorities have been asking boaters etc to avoid the north ends of Seymour and Anstey arms of the Shuswap. The Crazy creek fire is in the east side of Anstey Arm.
The smoke has definitely cleared a lot in the last 3 days and is tolerable. It was very heavy in the first part of the week with visibility maybe being 1 km.
At this point I’m just giving everyone a heads up to stay current with developments by monitoring this forum. The event may be cancelled or have to be modified to avoid fire areas etc. Anyone that has indicated their attendance, it might be helpful to let us know if you have changed your plans based on this info.
Alan and Belinda